On May 25th, the General Data Protection Regulation came into force further to its adoption by the European Parliament and European Council.
As a company in contact with several entities and eager to comply with the new regulation, we wanted to clarify the way we are dealing with your personal data and the consequences it can have on our trading relationship.
The General Data Protection Regulation (so called GDPR) aims at:
- creating a unified approach to data protection across the EU,
- protecting EU citizens in the global economy,
- giving individuals full control over all their personal data,
- and improving levels of compliance.
As a trading partner of Axcentive, your personal information is processed in different ways:
To the extent of managing the customer and supplier relationship, we record your personal data (name, phone number, e-mail address) in our ERP system and/or CRM system. These details are used to keep you up-to-date on specific news through mailing, newsletter or invitations …
Your personal information can only be viewed by authorized personnel. We do not share your personal data with anyone outside the company, neither we sell or buy contact registers. The information is only provided to third party if required by mandatory legislations or if a business partner and/or service provider expresses such needs (e.g. freight forwarding agent…)
Your personal information is retained as long as the customer or supplier relationship persists and thereafter the time required or permitted by current laws and practices.
Axcentive has named a Data Protection Officer who is taking care of Data protection and Data security.
When Axcentive collects and processes your personal information, you have certain rights:
– Request an extract of the personal data we process and how they are treated
– Request correction of any incorrect information
– Request to be deleted. However, this requirement can only be fulfilled if we do not have the right to keep the data legally.
For further information about our company’s handling of personal data or other questions related to GDPR, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org